TWO LANGUAGES - A WORLD OF OPPORTUNITIES!
Weledeh offers the following 4 French programs to our students. Find out more about these programs and see how they can benefit your child.
- Bilingual Junior Kindergarten
- Early Immersion for Kindergarten and grade 1
- Core French
- Literacy Program - Fashion en Francais
The Core French language program is available for students in grades 1-8 who choose French as a second language. The FSL curriculum guide from Education, Culture and Employment NWT is followed and supported by AIM (Accelerated Integrated Method) Program, a unique educational approach using gestures, music, dance and theater.
- DELF (diplôme d'études en langue française)
- Grade 7 Late French Immersion students will have the opportunity to receive the DELF, which is a Diploma of French Language Studies issued by the French Ministry of Education
- Core French students will benefit from the same opportunity shall they continue with their French at the high school.
- The DELF Prim is for children between 8 and 12 years.
Concours d'art oratoire
- Late French Immersion students can participate in a territorial speech contest organized by Canadian Parents for French.